Translate

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Sketches of small children by Gloria Poole

I am adding to this blog some of the sketches I Gloria Poole have drawn/ created/ painted of children as I practice drawing infants, toddlers and children to paint into oils on canvas. My reason for doing this because some people think that the Gloria Poole who is a Registered Nurse is not the same Gloria Poole who draws /sketches/ and paints. I am the same white , single [divorced twice] , Christian, woman who is both a Registered Nurse and an artist. Actually creating art began for me before I became a Registered Nurse because I took mechanical drawing before I went to nursing school [years ago in Atlanta, GA]. I was born in the state of Georgia; and have two grown daughters from my first marriage.

I admire the well known artist Mary Cassatt and her paintings of children and mothers. I think I have to practice more [drawing/ painting sketches] before I am good enough to paint children in oils; though I have created 1-2 of children in oils. I hope you enjoy these.

The first sketch is a toddler playing in a hat.

The second sketch is a mama and her baby at the swimming pool and the sun is hot so baby has a sun hat.

The third sketch is of a refugee child in a mission. It was not firmly attached to my drawing board when I photographed it again, but I have all of these actual sketches so might re-photo some of them again.

For the time being, they make a point. That I Gloria Poole, RN am also artist Gloria Poole of https://gloriapoole.blogspot.com and other blogs, and the same woman as artist-gloriapoole.blogspot and the same one of cartooning-by-gloriapoole.blogspot.com and other blogs as well. See the partial list on https://gloriapoole.blogspot.com to see more of the art I have created. I also write prolife blogs and that is when I use my professional title more.

Copyright: I Gloria Poole, RN also known as Gloria Poole; Gloria; G-L-O-R-I-A; gloria0817; gpoole817; gloria.poole; gloriapoole1749; gloriapoole.RN; gloria_poole; gloriapooleRN at yahoo; and other variations of my real, born with name of Gloria Poole, own all rights to the art I create.

Gloria Poole at my apt in Missouri which is my only residence; 2-Nov-2013 at 6:04pm.