1) "Ohio moms and babies are getting a wonderful Christmas present from the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services.
The state announced Tuesday that it will provide $1 million to 13 pro-life pregnancy centers in the 2016-2017 state budget, according to Ohio Right to Life. Ohio Gov. John Kasich signed the budget, which included the funding, in July; but the recipients of the Pregnancy and Parenting Support Program funding were just announced this week.
“Ohio is blessed to be home to more than 140 pregnancy centers that are actively assisting new mothers during and after pregnancy,” said Stephanie Ranade Krider, executive director of Ohio Right to Life....These organizations provide free material assistance to pregnant women in need, as well as parenting classes for mothers and fathers alike, a service that many centers consider a core element in empowering families. Many also offer free pregnancy tests, diapers, maternity clothes, baby supplies, counseling and assistance referrals."
2) "Texas health officials recently released a statement saying that the department has cut federal funding to a Houston affiliate of Planned Parenthood "http://wtexas.com/content/5243-texas-health-officials-cut-funding-planned-parenthood
3) Missouri right to life is arguing that frozen embryos should be allowed to be implanted to live: http://fox2now.com/2015/12/23/divorced-st-louis-county-couple-battle-over-frozen-embryos/
4) Christian pregnancy centers in Calif are suing over the state's attempt to force them to inform pregnant women of abortion : "Christian pregnancy clinics that oppose abortion, including Confidence Pregnancy Center in Salinas, have sued the state, Monterey County and the city of Salinas, claiming their First Amendment rights have been violated by a new law requiring them to inform women that abortion is an option.
“By requiring us to post a sign or hand out a notice to clients that basically refers them to abortion services before they are even seen by us goes against our First Amendment right to speak only those messages we want to speak and that are consistent with our beliefs,” Francis Manion, an attorney with the evangelical American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ) who represents the pregnancy clinics, writes in an email."http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/news/local_news/local-pro-life-pregnancy-center-sues-over-new-law/article_2df5a46a-a9b5-11e5-afc0-472ed0f656bc.html
5) “Canada’s Pro-Life Warrior, Legate Jim Hughes’ 40-year fight for human life,”https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/canadian-pro-life-leader-jim-hughes-featured-in-legatus-magazine
6) Quote: "It is the “argument of love” that can and will win the day in the fight for justice for the pre-born and for the preservation of marriage, family, and culture, LifeSiteNews editor-in-chief John-Henry Westen told more than 3,300 delegates from over 60 countries attending the World Congress of Families in Utah in October."https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/john-henry-westen-love-alone-is-credible-in-the-fight-for-life-family-and-c 7) "Senator and presidential candidate Rand Paul (R-KY) announced Tuesday that the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) would be launching an investigation into “Planned Parenthood’s unconscionable” fetal tissue donation practices."http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2015/12/23/campaign-fact-check-rand-pauls-hhs-investigation-planned-parenthoods-tissue-practices/
8) Quote: "Following the request initiated by U.S. Senator Rand Paul, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Inspector General (OIG) Daniel R. Levinson has opened an investigation, including a full audit into the compliance of HHS grantees with the fetal tissue regulations to determine whether there have been violations of the law and how the agency verifies compliance.
Originally stemming from videos showcasing Planned Parenthood’s potential violations of federal law, Sen. Paul sent a letter, signed by 34 of his colleagues, on October 6, 2015, to HHS OIG Levinson calling for an audit to specifically examine the Department’s oversight of contractor and grantee compliance with laws governing fetal tissue research. "http://www.paul.senate.gov/news/press/sen-rand-paul-announces-hhs-investigation-of-planned-parenthood-tissue-practices-
9) Quote: "Sen. Paul, in response to HHS OIG Levinson’s investigation, released the following statement:
“I am encouraged to see the Inspector General take action to investigate Planned Parenthood’s unconscionable practices. Planned Parenthood selling body parts of the unborn demonstrates that the organization deserves not one penny more of our taxpayer dollars, and I am confident this investigation will give further proof of that,” Sen. Paul said.http://www.paul.senate.gov/news/press/sen-rand-paul-announces-hhs-investigation-of-planned-parenthood-tissue-practices-
10) In Utah : "A federal judge ruled Tuesday that Utah can cut off federal funds to the state's Planned Parenthood organization, a move the Republican governor ordered after the release of secretly recorded videos by an anti-abortion group. The ruling from U.S. District Judge Clark Waddoups reversed a decision temporarily ordering the money to keep flowing to the Planned Parenthood Association of Utah. His ruling allows Utah to cut off money to Planned Parenthood while the organization pursues its lawsuit against the state."
Read more: http://triblive.com/usworld/nation/9680235-74/parenthood-planned-utah#ixzz3vU7JrmGl
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter
You can follow me on twitter on these accounts of mine specific to #prolife and #personhood cause: @ProlifeNurse; @personhood1; and on other twitter accounts of mine : @gloriapoole; @gloria_poole; @Tartan_Bliss; @tweetie0817 on other topics including art I make. .
This is my personal logo or one of them that I made.
This is my copyright notice for this blog and all blogs of mine and all content on them.