1) Missouri legislature blocked funding of Planned Parenthood : "and stipulated that none of it could go to organizations that provide abortions, as Planned Parenthood does." Columbia Tribune 24th April;;http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MO_XGR_PLANNED_PARENTHOOD_DEFUNDING_MOOL-?SITE=MOCOD&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
2) Edie Brickell and Steve Matin wrote musical about a woman who kept her baby even though she was young and not married . Musical named Bright Star :http://brightstarmusical.com/album?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=album&utm_campaign=brightstar; "If you knew my story".. .This is a huge help to promote a culture of life.
3) "But supporters of the measure in the Republican-led Legislature have said the intent is to "protect the life of the unborn."
"I think this is one of the core functions of government," Sen. Nathan Dahm, a Republican from Broken Arrow who sponsored the bill in Senate, said when it passed last month. "All people have the inherent right to life. Under the measure, Oklahoma medical licensure officials would be prohibited from renewing or granting a license to any physician who performs an abortion, except when the procedure is necessary to protect the life of the mother. There are no exceptions for abortions performed in cases of rape or incest. The measure lumps performing abortions in with aiding or abetting a criminal operation, the habitual use of habit-forming drugs, conviction of a felony and other acts that can also lead to revocations of a physician's license." Also, includes:- " prohibiting abortions due to a diagnosis of Down syndrome or a genetic abnormality;.. mandating Oklahoma's public schools to teach that life begins at conception"
AP on 25th April
4) Suicide prevention is a prolife cause : Out of the darkness of suicide :http://www.redandblack.com/athensnews/out-of-the-darkness-suicide-awareness-walk-at-uga/youtube_480d3be2-0b30-11e6-a0fe-5f7538cf5ea2.html "The Out of the Darkness Campus Walks are hosted by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention in an effort to spread awareness about suicide and initiate conversation on how to prevent it. The first walk ever to be held in Athens was on Sunday, April 24, 2016 at Lake Herrick on UGA's campus.
5)SC personhood amendment is on-going: http://christiansforpersonhood.com/index.php/2016/04/19/ w/ quote : "To please agree to vote to set S.719 SC Personhood Constitutional Amendment for Special Order on Thursday, April 21st and thereafter, to move forward the effort to put S.719 on the ballot in the November 8, 2016 General Election and let the people of South Carolina have the opportunity to vote on what is in our own State Constitution !
6) National Personhood Alliance : Greater Atlanta Area: https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-becker-b03025b?trk=sushi_topic_professionals_guest_photo
7) "Congressional Republicans say they have evidence that suggests an unnamed abortion provider and an unnamed fetal tissue company may have run afoul of federal laws that ban them from profiting from handling fetal tissue.
The allegation stems from documents collected by the Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives, which was established by House Republicans in the wake of the sting videos against Planned Parenthood last summer.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/congress-republicans-illegal-abortion-fetal-tissue-222175#ixzz472YxkNft "
8) Republican #prolife Senator Ayotte is being 'targeted" by Planned Parenthood for harassment; "Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte is the target of Planned Parenthood's first television ad of the 2016 Senate cycle, a spot hitting New Hampshire's freshman senator for her anti-abortion stance and opposition to holding hearings on President Barack Obama's Supreme Court nominee."
Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/tv/article72599317.html#storylink=cpy
9)Louisiana bills pending on subject of surrogate mothers, and their rights and the rights of biological parents: http://theadvocate.com/news/15525043-34/bill-to-protect-surrogacy-arrangements-advances-despite-opposition-from-both-sides-of-the-aisle
10) Ireland: "The Presbyterian Church said in a statement last night: “While it would not be appropriate for us to comment on statements by individual candidates or parties during an election campaign, the position of the Church is very clear on many of the moral issues under debate.
“For instance, the Presbyterian Church in Ireland holds a strongly pro-life position.
“We believe that the current law attempts to protect both the life of the mother and the unborn child.
Read more: http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/health/church-strongly-affirms-its-anti-abortion-stance-in-wake-of-minister-s-views-1-7334046#ixzz472axnMr9"
11) The Obria Foundation exists to unify existing pro-life medical clinics under a single life-affirming medical model and brand -- "ABOUT THE OBRIA FOUNDATION: The Obria Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, was established to grow the presence of Obria Medical Clinics in California to 25 clinics and 200 nationwide by 2020. Founded in 1981 and headquartered in Irvine, Calif., Obria Medical Clinics relies on a collaborative medical model to grow its footprint, expand its reach and care for those throughout California without access to life-affirming sexual health care. Its six southern California clinics offer low-cost pregnancy-related medical services and STD testing in Long Beach, Mission Viejo, Orange, Buena Park and a mobile unit, with current plans to grow by expanding its California presence to 25, clinics and 200 nation-wide by 2020. Obria's services include pregnancy care, pre-natal care, STD testing/treatment, ultrasound, well-woman care, abortion-pill reversals, HIV/AIDS testing, primary care through its partner clinics and referrals to community resources and health education resources for low-income and underserved individuals in the community. These services are provided in a compassionate and non-judgmental manner to all women and men in need of high-quality care regardless of their creed, race, sexual orientation, national origin or age. For more information, visit www.obria.org." http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/kathleen-eaton-bravo-address-life-affirming-alternatives-planned-parenthood-georgetown-2115883.htm
12) "We strongly campaign against societal issues such as abortion, euthanasia and infanticide. We research critical and controversial issues to generate resources for deep thinking and inform people about abortion and its ill effects." An anti-life page on LinkedIn is seeking members to join anti-abortion :https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6728725/profile
13) "We are modern day abolitionists fighting the greatest civil rights issue of today... There are two lives involved, that of the mother and that of her baby. Operating under the assumption that the fetus is alive (and one cannot logically assign personhood at any stage of development other than at conception), it is granted certain unalienable rights- the most important being the right to life."; http://www.easternprogress.com/2016/04/18/pro-life-and-feminism-can-co-exist/
14) "In motions to quash the indictments filed Thursday, attorneys for Daleiden argue the charges should be dismissed because they were a result of improper proceedings by prosecutors and the grand jury....Daleiden’s legal team alleges the grand jury — originally asked to investigate Planned Parenthood, not the videographers — exceeded its authority — and that county prosecutors colluded with Planned Parenthood by “systematically” leaking details about the grand jury proceedings to “unauthorized persons.....The Center for Medical Progress has insisted its “citizen journalists” were working under First Amendment protections” https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/2016/04/15/145539/anti-abortion-activist-wants-charges-tossed/ includes copy of motion to dismiss " And more on same from ABC news:
15) Lawyers for the anti-abortion activists facing charges in the Planned Parenthood case spoke out in a press conference in front of Civil Court in Houston.
The lawyers discussed a motion filed to dismiss the charges. The lawyers say the Grand Jury unlawfully indicted their clients and that Planned Parenthood had an unlawful influence over the grand jury."http://abc13.com/news/anti-abortion-activists-lawyers-address-charges-in-planned-parenthood-case/1291253/
16) "Ted Cruz refused to answer eight direct questions Thursday about whether or not he’d support personhood bills – legislation that would give Constitutional rights to fertilized eggs"http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/cruz-refuses-answer-personhood-during-msnbc-town-hall
17) Poland seeking ban on all abortions: ""In this jubilee year of Poland's baptism, we urge all people of goodwill, believers and nonbelievers, to take action to ensure full legal protection of unborn lives," the bishops said, linking the issue to the anniversary.
The climate seems favorable for tightening Poland's anti-abortion law, already one of Europe's strictest, because power is currently held by a conservative government whose members stress they are Catholics and follow the bishops' teaching. Some 90 percent of Poles declare themselves as Catholics."http://www.fairfieldcitizenonline.com/news/article/Poland-s-abortion-debate-risks-shaking-7245372.php
18) "[Dr Rachel] Carling-Jenkins’s private member’s Bill [of Melbourne, Australia] , which aims to restrict abortions to the first 24 weeks of pregnancy.
After that point, women would not be able to get abortions but would get “holistic care” such as counselling and support services, and if a baby had to be born in an emergency, doctors would have to try to keep the child alive. Doctors who performed abortions post-24 weeks would face up to five years in jail, but pregnant women would not be prosecuted." http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/muddy-waters-swirling-around-abortion-bill/news-story/45375e965962ef18897c14f3f76fa43a
19) Hospital wins challenge --not required to perform abortions: "Detroit federal Judge Gershwin Drain says the American Civil Liberties Union and its members have no standing to sue Trinity Health Corp. In a 13-page decision Monday, he said the ACLU failed to explain what medical conditions would place their members at risk or if they are currently at risk.
The judge says any harm is "speculative."http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/hospital-with-antiabortion-policy-wins-decision-in-lawsuit/38969320
20) Summary of prolife cases won: http://50wire.com/tag/anti-abortion+policy
21) Indiana's law criminalizes abortionists: "Indiana’s law criminalizes certain reasons a woman might get an abortion....“Indiana’s law combines the ban on abortions because of the fetus’ disability or potential disability, and combined it with all those other reasons, this combines into the most restrictive anti-abortion bill in law at this time,”http://indianapublicmedia.org/news/aclu-indianas-abortion-law-97018/
22) Medical textbooks you can utilize to teach yourself medical knowledge of human life, pregnancy, delivery, medical care of those in womb, neonatalogy, complications --all aspects of human life.
\22-1) Early Pregnancy
22-2) Fetal Therapy by Mark Kilby,Anthony Johnson,Dick Oepkes
22-3) Obstetrics and Intrapartum Emergencies by Edward Chandrahara,and Sabaratnam Arulkumaran
22-4) Analgesia,Anesthesia and Pregnancy by Steve Yentis and Surbhi Malhotra
22-5) Pregnancy after Assisted Reproductive Technology by Eric Jauniaux and Botros Rizk
22-6) Atlas of Oocytes, Zygotes and Embryoes in Reproductive Medicine by Marc Van den Bergh and Thomas Ebner,and Kay Elder
22-7) Infertility Counseling by Sharon Covington and Linda Hammer Burns
22-8) Ectopic Pregnancy by Isabel Stabile
22-9) Gametes by J.G. Grudzinskas and J.L. Yovich
22-10) GenEthics by Kurt Bayertz and Susan L Kirkby, and H Tristam Englehardt,Jr
22-11) Prenatal Care by Marie McCormick and Joanne Siegel
22-12) Ethical issues in Maternal -Fetal Medicine by Donna Dickenson
22-13) Preterm Labour by Jane Norman and Ian Greer
22-14) The Fetal Matrix by Peter Gluckman & Mark Hanson
22-15) Environmental impacts on Reproductive Health and Fertility by Tracey Woodruff, Sarah Janssen,Louis Guillette,Jr, and Linda Giudice
22-16) Biology and Pathology of the Oocyte by Alan O Trounson and Roger G Gosden
22-17) Biology and Pathology of the Trophoblast by Ashley Moffett, Charlie and Lake and Anne McLaren
22-18) The Sperm Cell by Christopher J De Jonge and Christopher Bartlett
22-19) Infertility and Assisted Reproduction by R Botros, M B Rizk, Juan Garcia_-Velasco,Hassan Sallam and Antonis Makrigiannakis
22-20) The Healthy Embryo by Jeff Nisker, Francoise Baylis, Isabel Karpin,Carolyn McLeod, Roxanne Mykitiuk
22-21) Gametes--The Oocyte by J. G. Grudzinskas and J.L. Yovich
22-22) Textbook of Clinical Embryology by Kevin Coward and Dagan Wells
22-23) Handbook of Human Oocyte Cryopreservation by Eleonora Porcu and Patrizia Ciottis, and Stefano Venturoli
22-24) Neonatalogy by Richard A Polin and John M Lorenz
22-25) Handbook of Obstetric Medicine by Catherine Nelson-Piercy
22-26) High Risk Pregnancy--Management Options by Phillip J Steer, Carl Weiner, Bernard Gonik, Caroline Crowther, and Stephanie Robson
22-27) Dewhurst's Textbook of Obstetrics and Gynaecology by Keith Edmunds
22-28) Contemporary Maternal-Newborn Nursing Care by Patricia Ladewig, Marcia London and Michele Davidson
22-29) Childbearing: A Nursing Perspective by Ann Clark and Dyanne Alfonso
22- 30) Maternity Nursing by Dietra Leonard Lowdermilk and Shannon Perry
plus many,many more. I added 3 to this on 24 Feb 2016
23) Other prolife blogs I own & create as teaching sources/ resources for prolifers and all people of the many aspects of the personhood/ prolifeissues are:
https://sites.google.com/site/ArtistIllustrationsIs my pencil drawings of stages in the womb.
and other sites and blogs on this topic. Each is different and I update them intermittently one by one.
My profile for this account is :https://profiles.google.com/gloriapoole.rn/about?hl=en
This section is the anti-life news that prolife activists must be aware of to push back against:
1) FDA rules made real medical doctors not necessary for prescribing drugs that kill tiny defenseless human beings in womb: "The updated FDA regimen now reflects standard medical practice, which requires mifepristone to be administered by a healthcare provider—not necessarily a doctor—and allows misoprostol to be taken by the patient at home. About seven to fourteen days after taking mifepristone, a follow-up with a healthcare provider is indicated. This is key for women who receive services in clinics that employ nurse practitioners or who receive services from a midwife."https://www.latina.com/lifestyle/our-issues/fda-medication-abortion-easier
2) " A Wyoming school has canceled a planned appearance by a Christian abstinence advocate."http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/wyoming-school-cancels-christian-abstinence-advocate/article_e932f3cc-1e77-5679-84d6-b4386a91f646.html
This is my 2016 logo for the time being. I signed it in paint and painted in that little brush. Copyrighted.
My copyright notice I made for this blog and all content on it. Read statement below.
This is one of my Christian crosses to remind all that I am raised Southern Baptist and am believer in THE LIVING LORD JESUS.That is my hand in that photo that I photographed in recent months this year. To read what I believe please read https://salvation-is-free.blogspot.com.
This is the display I made of the University of Georgia's Terry College of Business where I got a second education and graduated with a business degree.
This is my selfie [Gloria Poole,RN, artist] in spring 2014 but I look the same except that I am thinner and my hair is longer but I still put it in lop-sided pony tail when I walk about or create art to prevent hair from blowing into my eyes or into paint.That is also me that you see in the "about me" box on right side of this blog and I am wearing a dark grey winter wool hat because that photo was taken of me in state of Georgia in Jan 2010 and my family in Georgia saw me wearing that hat and so did other people. So I am leaving that photo also on this blog for that reason.
This is one of my photos of the U S flag I photographed on walkabout to remind all I am a U S citizen with all civil liberties including freedom of Press, freedom to worship THE LORD GOD, and freedom to associate with whomever I want or not to associate with those GOD labels "abomination" and freedom to protest governments. Copyright notice: I, Gloria Poole, own all rights to all content on this blog. Usually I sign the art I create as simply Gloria since that is my first name, that I was born with; but on pencil and or ink drawings I sometimes also sign my born with surname of Poole which is my legal name again because I removed the Pappas name from my name at time of final divorce decree in Oct 2007 from male DBP, and I resumed my full maiden name INCLUDING MY BORN WITH SURNAME OF POOLE by Court order at the same time. I am also known on the web and in real life as Gloria; Gloria Poole; Gloria J Poole; Gloria Poole, RN, artist; and on the web as : gloriapoole; gloria-poole; gloria.poole; Ms Gloria Poole; gloriapoole.RN; gloriapoole_RN; gloriapooleRN at yahoo; gloria0817; gpoole817; artist-gloriapoole; gloriapoole-paintings; artist-gloria; Poole,Gloria; gloriapoole1749; and other variations of my real, born with, and legal name of Gloria Poole. For the record, I am a white, single-again, twice divorced, Southern Baptist, born again, Christian, woman and the mother of only two children who are grown daughters who are named Jennifer and Leigh. I am also a prolife activist, blogger, artist in all mediums; photographer for my own purposes, Registered Nurse with a license in Missouri but before that for most of my life in the state of Georgia, U.S. citizen born in the state of Georgia; University of Georgia alum, Georgia Baptist College of Nursing alum, writer, illustrator, author, personhood promoter. This blog may not be downloaded, nor copied individually or collectively as a whole; nor have domains forwarded to it that do not belong to me, nor may the photos or art on it be reproduced or saved to disk by anyone .
I create all content on this blog and I, Gloria Poole, own all rights to this blog collectively and individually as single posts. All telephones listed on this account and any account of mine on the web belong to me personally and are in my apartment in Missouri or in my possession at all times. Some of my numbers are wired, landline telephones and some are mobile phones. I have telephones not listed on this account or any account of mine for my safety sake. This blog and all blogs that I create and that contain my words I wrote and or art I made and signed and or photos that I photographed belong exclusively to me Gloria Poole, of Missouri and Georgia. Copyright. Gloria Poole / Gloria / gloriapoole /gloria-poole /gloria.poole/ Ms Gloria Poole/ Poole Gloria / G-L-O-R-I-A / gloriapoole1749 /gloria0817 /gpoole817 / gloriapooleRN at yahoo / gloriapoole.RN / artist-gloriapoole /Gloria Poole,RN,artist /cartooning-by-gloriapoole / photo-by-gloriapoole, and other variations of my real name with or without my professional status as Registered Nurse and with or without numbers after my name, at my own private apt in Missouri which is not shared with anyone and neither is my equipment nor phones shared with anyone, and neither is my isp account shared with anyone which means no one is authorized to log into any account of mine anywhere but me. /signed/ Gloria Poole, RN, artist; at my apt in Missouri on 27th April 2016 at 11:11am. I am the same Gloria Poole who also draws, sketches and paints and that is always decent and may be viewed by anyone in any country. You can read more about me and see some of the art I made on this blog of mine: https://gloriapoole.blogspot.com.