Her are snippets of the Prolife news from today 25-March-2014 as sent to my inbox to help publicize. I am numbering them for ease of reference.
1) National right to Life Convention:
Quote:"This year, the Convention takes place in Louisville, Kentucky, June 26-28.
We have an exciting lineup of speakers including Kathryn Jean Lopez of National Review Online, O. Carter Snead from the University of Notre Dame, bioethicist Wesley J. Smith, and many more." From http://www.nationalrighttolifenews.org/news/2014/03/the-national-right-to-life-convention-is-only-3-months-away.
2) Quote of Christopher Dodson who is Executive Director & General Counsel of North Dakota's Catholic Conference: "North Dakota’s Personhood Amendment, which will be on the ballot this November: “It gives the people of North Dakota the opportunity to decide whether the state should recognize a legal right to life for North Dakotans. A state constitutional amendment respecting the right to life is not unconstitutional. The U.S. Supreme Court has said that states may enact their own laws and constitutional provision to protect human life, including unborn human life. Nor is a state constitutional amendment respecting the right to life made moot by the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision on abortion… Let’s affirm in our state constitution that which this Legislative assembly and the people of North Dakota consistently affirmed with its own laws – that every human being has a right to life that should be respected and protected to the greatest extent possible.” from: http://www.operationsaveamerica.org/2014/03/24/personhood-sweeping-to-ballot-in-ohio/ And "Following Esq. Dodson’s lead, the Catholic bishops of North Dakota donated $100,000 to North Dakota’s Personhood campaign."
3) Quote Dr. Patrick Johnston who is family physician who directs Personhood Ohio :" He says that Personhood Ohio will continue to lobby pro-life groups to endorse their Personhood Amendment and help with signature-gathering. If their goal of 385,000 signatures is reached by July, the Ohio Personhood Amendment will be on the ballot in November and a simple majority vote could protect every preborn child statewide by January 1, 2015 – including children threatened by abortifacient drugs.
Certainly, if Ohio passed their Personhood Amendment, the battle would be far from over, but it would be refreshing to see opponents of abortion unify behind a two-sentence Amendment that, for once, simply expresses what they all believe: that human life begins at conception and every person should be protected by law.
Dr. Johnston is available for comment through www.personhoodohio.com/contact."
4) Quote: "Today, National Right to Life and Kentucky Right to Life reaffirmed their endorsement of Sen. Mitch McConnell in his bid for re-election to the United States Senate." And :"“Mitch McConnell is a stalwart defender of innocent human life and a tireless advocate for pro-life principles,” said Margie Montgomery, executive director of Kentucky Right to Life. " from ; http://www.nationalrighttolifenews.org/news/2014/03/national-right-to-life-kentucky-right-to-life-reaffirm-mcconnell-is-irreplaceable-in-u-s-senate-as-a-defender-of-unborn-children-and-other-vulnerable-persons/#.UzHqWcd08wc
5) Quote candidate for Montana's open House seat in Congress: "[Montana] State Sen. Matt Rosendale of Glendive then chimed in to say he was the only candidate who “respects the sanctity of life from conception all the way to natural death,” because he opposes abortion and the death penalty." From :http://missoulian.com/news/local/abortion-pro-life-issues-ignite-st-debate-with-montana-gop/article_c781ccce-b3cd-11e3-80c2-0019bb2963f4.html.
6) GA Right to Life is being challenged by Georgia Life Alliance to be the representative to the National Right to Life board. Quote: :"Since 2005, the [GA RTL] organization has played a role in the Georgia Legislature’s passage of nine pro-life bills, including a bill passed last week that prohibits taxpayer funds for paying for abortion services in the state, whether under the Affordable Care Act or through health insurance for state employees."
7) 22 March 2014" prolife events:
And a two -tiered "justice system" on display: Quote:"A UCSB department of feminist studies professor who stole and destroyed a large sign right out of the hands of prolife campus demonstrators, then tussled up a teenage protestor who followed the educator to retrieve it".
And: "Campus authorities told the professor her actions constituted vandalism, battery and robbery, according to the police report. The Santa Barbara district attorney’s office has yet to file charges against the professor, the Santa Barbara Independent reported Tuesday."
Read Santa Barbara news: http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/16759/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thecollegefixfeed+(The+College+Fix);
And more about that:
Prolife students who were attacked by Santa Barbara so-called "Professor" [who teaches p-o-r-n-o-gr-aph-y!] filed charges against her and DA formally indicted UCSB Prof w/ vandalism, battery and theft.: http://www.independent.com/news/2014/mar/21/ucsb-professor-charged-theft-and-battery-after-con; and also in Fox /ABC ch 7 news: http://www.foxbangor.com/national-news/university-of-california-santa-barbara-feminist-professor-charged-in-confrontation-with-pro-life-teen.html
8) 23 March 2014:
Quote from : http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/local/lawyer-on-hobby-lobby-case-teaches-constitutional-law-at-mu/article_39cf42bc-b23d-11e3-a4a0-10604b9f6eda.html cket F about Joshua Hawley, an associate professor at the University of Missouri School of Law who "teaches constitutional law at MU and works with The Beckett Fund for Religious Liberty. "To further his passion for constitutional law, Hawley launched the Missouri Liberty Project on Thursday. Hawley said the group will "fight federal overreach, protect religious liberty, defend Missouri agricultural heritage."
9)24 Mar 2014:
Quote: ""States also have an interest in forbidding medical procedures which, in the state's reasonable determination, might cause the medical profession or society as a whole to become insensitive, even disdainful, to life, including life in the human fetus."
From : http://www.statejournal.com/story/25040629/creating-a-new-compelling-state-interest#.UzBOYNKBRE0.twitter
10) 24 March 2014:
National Review article about attack by UCSB "Professor":
12) in : http://www.theminorityreportblog.com/2014/03/23/feminist-professor-charged-with-assaulting-pro-life-teen/ [has videos]
13) from S.C's http://www.trtribune.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7727:rep-mike-burns-pro-life-victory-&catid=112:sc-legislative-report&Itemid=338; with Quote:
"The Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act After lengthy debate, the House overwhelmingly approved a bill that protects an unborn child from enduring pain by banning abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy - down from the current limit of 24 weeks. The bill is the “fetal pain” bill – so named because new research shows that babies can feel pain after 20 weeks." And quote: "Eleven other states have passed 20-week bans."
14) U S Supreme Court: Quote from The Christian News Wire: "The Supreme Court will be hearing "Sebelius v. Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. and Conestoga Wood" on Tuesday, March 25, at 10:00 A.M. This case is very important because it concerns the civil liberties to worship GOD and live by GOD's laws every day. The Supreme Court expects to make a decision on this in June. Pray that the First Amendment liberties to decide what one will support with their own money will also apply to religious speech for business owners.
15) From Life News: "The Minnesota Supreme Court has overturned the state’s longstanding prohibition against encouraging and advising a person to commit suicide. ". And.."The Supreme Court ruling in State v. Melchert-Dinkel means that Minnesotans suffering from difficult physical or mental illnesses can be subjected to encouragement to commit suicide, including from those who may benefit financially from the death." http://www.lifenews.com/2014/03/19/minnesota-supreme-court-strikes-down-pro-life-law-against-assisted-suicide.
Copyright Notice: I, Gloria Poole, of Missouri and Georgia, own this blog and all rights to it. I created it to begin with, years ago, and have continued it after I moved to Missouri Oct 31, 2009. I own all rights to this blog and to all content of it. I created the art and signed it, that I put on it, and I have the original paintings and sketches. I sign my name on art I create as Gloria, and on some sketches as Gloria Poole. Gloria Poole is my real, born with, legal names since I resumed it legally after my 2nd divorce which was in Arapahoe County Colorado. I removed the Pappas name from my name forevermore by order of District Court Judge at time of final decree of divorce in Oct 2007 from [male] DBP of Colorado. I am also known on the web as; gloriapoole; Gloria as on art such as this which I signed when I completed it; gloria.poole; gloria-poole; gloria_poole; gloriapoole1749; gloriapoole.RN; gloriapooleRN at yahoo in which the RN means standard abbreviation for Registered Nurse; and as artist-gloria; artist-gloriapoole; gloriapoole-paintings; and as other variations of my real, born with, legal name of Gloria Poole.And as G-L-O-R-I-A on http://gloriapoole.wordpress.com and I had three domains with much art I created with my name written that way, for about 6 yrs until they were stolen from me by cyberthugs.
I am white, single again, [divorced twice] , woman with brown hair, Christian, and the mother of two grown "children" who are daughters named Jennifer and Leigh. I am also a Registered Nurse licensed in Missouri; and an artist in all artists mediums; and a blogger, tweeter, poet, author of children's book, and citizen journo; and photographer. I was born in the state of Georgia and am a US citizen by birth so I have all Constitutional protections including the First Amendment right to publish, speak, write, protest and the right not to associate with perverted [against nature] people.
Gloria Poole; at my apt in Missouri, which is my only residence; 25-March-2014 at 4:11pm